My weekend- Saturday morning i picked up my niece and went to garage sales. I totally scored on some vintage Christmas items!! I got that awesome Christmas tree that is narrow for a window sill from an estate sale. Then the next stop, I came across this box of vintage hand blown glass ornaments that are 2 layers in the box. Yall i got for 2$ on those ornaments. I also grabbed some old silver items for my Steampunk party for Holliween. I also bought a bumper boat raft that goes in the pool for 2$! It was originally 160$, then had a clearance sale price of 57$ from Macy's and i paid 2. Yay!! My nieces had fun playing with it on Memorial Day when they came over. I wish there would have been 2 of them. It does a good reverse and you can steer it.
The BFD concert was a long lineup of bands : The Dirty Nil, Glorious Sons, Bad Wolves, Thrice, LIVE, In this Moment, Seether, and Shinedown. We missed the first 3 bands because Todd didn't want to go down there in the heat all day. I did want to see Bad Wolves but it was a good compromise because we still got to see 5 bands. It was soooo fun!! We went to this event 3 years ago when Shinedown was headlining then. I was not too familiar with Thrice but i ended up liking them. There were people that knew every word to their songs so they were popular. Live was of course excellent and one of the main reasons i bought the tickets. That was my 3rd time to see them and i saw Ed Kowalcyk when he was solo. In this Moment was a shocker. They were very much all about the theatrical side and WOW did they!! Truthfully, i wasn't a fan of them live but have since listened to them on Spotify and i like many of their songs. The singer is female and she's a screamer.
Seether was flipping AWESOME and i would definitely see them again !! Shinedown never disappoints and they were the headliner for a reason. Great stage performance - lots of fire and lights, etc. I just really enjoy them and pretty much like every song they do. It was a great concert and i got my moneys worth!

















Hi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to know you got the jump on Christmas shopping and on your Holliween party by finding ornaments at a bargain price. You can't beat buying a raft for the pool for only two dollars - an item originally marked $160!!!
I am very excited that you saw, not only Live, the band from my hometown, York, PA, but my favorite band of all - Maria Brink and In This Moment! I'm sure you recall that I have posted several of their videos on my blog since discovering them six years ago. They really do put on an extravagant show with costumes, extra characters performing on stage with Maria, bizarre props and lighting FX. I can see that you got your money's worth at that rock show. The big bright smile on your face proves it.
That's a very pretty raven tat, dearie. My dad planted gardenia bushes around the foundation of my childhood home and I remember smelling that wonderful fragrance whenever I opened the door. It was also very pleasant on summer nights when we left the windows open and placed fans at the screen to pull the cool air inside. That wonderful scent came in on the breeze.
Yessum, I've been reading about this very active tornado season across the U.S. You and your dogs had quite a scare yesterday. I'm so glad you were able to give them a potty break and wrangle them into the tub and that they didn't fuss. I am also very happy to know your house and property didn't sustain significant damage. Up in Lancaster County, PA, Kathleen Mae Schneider's neighborhood got hit pretty hard and large tree limbs snapped off and littered her property, requiring a day of clean-up. That delayed Kathleen's efforts to reply to comments on my blog, but she finally caught up today. I hope you will check out her reply to your comment. Kathleen will continue to blogsit Shady's Place while I am away on my three week break which begins tomorrow. I hope to return to blogging on Father's Day, June 16. Until then, please take good care of yourself, Todd and your dogs, dear friend Holli!
Oh Shady, i'm so excited for your adventures!! Have a wonderful safe trip wherever you go.
DeleteGlad you're Safe and the Tornado didn't touch down and cause damage at your place! Your Raven being so meaningful and getting it from Amsterdam will make it all the more Memorable. Your Garage Sale Scores were Legendary!
ReplyDeleteI love that the raven represents mom without getting "mom" tattooed on my body. LOL I will get one soon for my dad.
DeleteThe tornados are no joke around here- so scary!
I had a good garage sale day for sure. As you know, sometimes its all about timing. I've been to many and didn't buy a thing.
So good to catch up with what you have been up to. Those Christmas finds are amazing. I never seem to find anything good when I go out to garage sales. But then I don't go often. Maybe that is something I should do now that I am alone. I really do not need more junk however. The concerts all sound like something my youngest son would love. His lady and him are often on the road going to concerts. Glad you are safe from the severe weather. We have had 12 inches of rain here in the month of May. I imagine the mosquitoes will keep me inside.
ReplyDeleteThe mosquitoes are dreadful here as well!! I hate them with a passion.
DeleteMy feeling is to do things you enjoy while alive. I enjoy music and i love concerts. You should definitely go to more garage sales. You may end up with something you didn't know you couldn't live without. :)
The drone footage you put up of FB was amazing... we didn't get anything where I am, but a lot not terribly far away.
ReplyDeleteCanton is where i go often because they have a HUGE flea market. The biggest in the state. They were hit pretty hard and that makes me so sad for them. Its scary when the alert comes on radio that says take action and to take cover.
DeleteI love those vintage items. Quite a find. Nice tattoo. Glad you are safe. The weather has been so bad lately.
ReplyDeleteThank you- i was excited about my vintage finds.
DeleteI am getting another tattoo soon for my dad. Cant wait!
Love you tattoo. Great finds at the garage sale. You've been busy! That had to be scary with the tornado warning. Glad you are all okay. My prayers go out to the people who were hit.
ReplyDeleteLove your raven tattoo! You rock!
ReplyDeleteThat picture of your huge smile made smile just as huge. I love it. I love it so much that I went back to it, just so that my heart would stop jumping after seeing you and your pups in the tub. I'm glad nothing bad happened to you, other than extra yard cleaning.
ReplyDeleteThat's a very cool raven.
ReplyDeleteGlad you have the doggies to keep you safe and comforted.
Stay safe, my friend.