Hey my lovely friends!! So this time last week, it was our last day in Amsterdam to explore and soak it in. I've literally hit the ground running since we've back and i'm sorry i'm just now able to get around to blogging. I am so busy at work right now, i have to keep this brief. I took 788 photos and i'll have to split them up over the next few days/weeks. Many of these photos were taken from the plane looking down. I loved that i was able to capture some of the tulip fields from the sky.
I also loved how the sky looked with the gorgeous rainbow streaks in the dark. If yall are friends with me on FB or IG, you know that i'm all about the clouds, sky and sunrises and sunsets.
We had a great time in Amsterdam in the 4 days we were there. Unfortunately we were supposed to arrive on Sunday with the rest of the group but we got bumped and didn't get there until Monday. We ended up having to get a hotel in Minneapolis the night before we left which really sucked that we lost a day but it was a paid "work" trip so you cant really complain. Bonus, we were able to eat some delicious fried cheese curds in Minneapolis airport!
Gotta run, but as i mentioned, i have so many pictures to share with yall. I had a flub with uploading this am- i selected 20 and only 9 came over. Oh well!! Have a great day yall and talk to ya soon. If you want to follow me on IG, you can find me at Holliworld









Hi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteI'm delighted to know you and Todd had a great time in Amsterdam, dear friend! I demand to see all 788 photos right now!!! :) Those are great shots of the tulip fields taken from the plane. Holland appears to be a land of scenic beauty, interesting architecture, rich in history - all the things Mrs. Shady and I enjoy seeing when we travel. As always the best picture of all is the one of your big bright smile. :)
I'm thrilled that the two of you had an opportunity to get overseas for a while. A break like that was just what you needed. Enjoy the rest of your week and weekend, dear friend Holli!
Holland was gorgeous!! I would totally go back.
DeleteYay. Glad you had such a great time, and it's fun seeing photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with us.
Take care, Holli.
Definitely had a great time in the 4 days there. I will be posting tons more pics soon. Have a great weekend!!
DeleteShady would want them all at once, lol! (BTW Shade, if you see this, Bobby Goldsboro is on tomorrow's Time Machine...) I have seen a good deal of the photos, many of them spectacular! Glad you made it back safe.
ReplyDeleteMade it back safe and have been running ever since. :)
DeleteLOL, I sympathize completely. I feel like I need a chair and a whip to deal with the backlog of work that sat when I went on vacation. Sorry you missed a day, but a new culinary find is always a plus in my book.
ReplyDeleteI know- sometimes with all the catching up from being gone, i ask myself is it worth it and the answer is always YES!
DeleteOh what a wonderful place to visit. Some of my New York ancestors came from Amsterdam and were the first to settle in the city. Awesome pictures.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome to know about your heritage tracing back to Amsterdam. It was a lovely place and i would go back for sure
Delete788 Photos... now that's gonna be a lot of Fabulous Blog Fodder! Welcome back, I'm vicariously going along on your vacay via the Shared Imagery now!
ReplyDeletei have pictures that may not seem interesting to anyone else but i LOVED all the details in the architecture and statues everywhere.
DeleteSo happy you enjoyed the Happy Grannies I posted today! Certainly hope your mom enjoys them too. :-)
ReplyDeleteWe were in Amsterdam, _years_ ago!
One of our sons and his family, just got back from Groningen and Amsterdam, a few days ago. :-) Their daughter is in Groningen University, for this semester of her junior year in college. So they went to visit her, and see around there.
Happy to have you visit my blog and comment!
Gentle hugs...
I enjoyed visiting your blog. You're so sweet to return the favor.
DeleteI would love to go back one day to Amsterdam. I feel we barely skimmed the surface there.
Welcome back! I've been enjoying your pictures on Instagram. And, right now, I'm craving fried cheese (and it's all your fault). 😁
ReplyDeleteGirl!! Fried cheese is THE best!!
DeleteI'm glad you had a lovely time. Sorry about your delay in getting there. That's always frustrating. I did see your photos and Facebook and it is definitely a place I would love to visit.
ReplyDeleteI would definitely go back!
DeleteI want some fried cheese!! Sounds so good! Thanks for the great pictures! Big Hugs!
ReplyDelete