Its been a month already since my last post. I'm sorry. My life is hectic and going in too many directions. Unfortunately, blogging is the first to go to the side. My stye is better. I opted out of not doing the mini-surgery and having it cut out. The Dr said it will eventually go away and it is.
My air conditioner is still acting up. Its been 2 months at least that I've been dealing with that. I had to have it completely rewired from the outside AC unit up thru my attic. They're coming back today to fine tune it. I'll be glad to have it fixed once and for all.
Halloween came and went. It is still my favorite holiday but this year was not celebrated as I normally do. I did put up a few decorations but very little and I put up one of my Halloween trees because it was easy to get to and it stays up thru Christmas. I did come across a 6ft wolf skeleton that I bought for 75% off which was ended up only 12$. My friends asked me about it the next day after they saw my post on Facebook and I said my heart may be broken but i'm not dead!! I am not going to pass up a great Halloween deal like that even though this year it wont get used. LOL .
I only got 3 groups of kids of 10 total for trick or treaters. Its my 4th Halloween at my house and its never good. Sadly, I think next year I'm not going to bother to leave the light on and hand out candy. My neighborhood doesn't get enough kids coming thru to make it worth it.
Ordinarily I would be prepping for my junk show which is this weekend. I just didn't have enough time to prepare as a vendor. I'll go by and show my support to my friends but it will be so strange not to be a vendor. I do want to try for the April show though. So that's it. Of course a lot more but I cant really talk about. I've been very blue and my anxiety has come back. Life is just so hard.
I'm going to try to come back more regularly. Its not that I don't want to. I miss my blogging friends so much!
Hi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see you posting again, but at the same time I am blue because you are. At least you have a few pieces of good news to report. Your stye is better and you are having your air conditioner tweaked and hopefully fixed today. Even though you are still hurting emotionally, you plan to go to the junk show this weekend and support other vendors. I'm sure it will give you a lift to focus outward and to be around friends. Beyond that you are planning to have a booth at the show next spring. Although Halloween wasn't the big deal it normally is, you participated and added that wolf skeleton to your decorations. Where Mrs. Shady and I now live we get no trick-or-treaters whatsoever because the road that runs past our house is busy, making it too dangerous for kids on foot. Therefore we don't leave the porch light on and don't bother to buy candy.
The four memes you posted tell the truth. I encourage you to concentrate primarily on the last one because it offers hope for better times ahead.
Please take good care of yourself, dear friend Holli. I'm thinking of you!
Oh how I've missed you Shady and your sweet encouraging words. I am walking with Hope as best as I can. I have no other option.
DeleteUnfortunately I got my weekends mixed up and the junk show is next weekend. So I will be going then. Have a nice weekend.
I give you big hugs for your ongoing grief, but I'm glad that your stye is clearing up, at least.
ReplyDeleteI will gladly take those hugs Debra. I also take any "win" I can get. Have a great weekend
DeleteI'm hopeful b/c at least some things are turning around. I understand that sometimes you just don't want to do the things you used to, I have a hard time with walks now. You get tired of the everyday pushing that damn leg ahead one more step. There is a reward in the end, hope in God to bring you there.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many days I don't want to leave my couch. Then I get tired of myself and will get up. I have roommate now and she has her 3 kids every other weekend and they are so fun to have around. They've been good for me
DeleteI haven't been posting as much as usual either. I do understand why you haven't been. I have no excuses. Not one kid came to my house for Halloween. Here in the city they all go out in early afternoon and only to the stores. Can't blame them with all the craziness going on.
ReplyDeleteWe did have nasty weather but on the NEXTDOOR app there were others that ran out of candy. So jealous!
DeleteWishing you peace, love, and light.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. Means a lot right now!
DeleteGlad your stye is going away. I always think of you on Halloween. Of course since your split I think of you all the time. I've been there and it sucks. Sending you ((Hugs))
ReplyDeleteThank you Debby- I will take all the hugs! :)
DeleteHolli I'm glad that you treated yourself to the Skeleton Wolf at such a bargain, moving thru Issues of Life right at the Holidays is tough. There is a part of you that would like to be celebratory and yet circumstances can make it so that you hardly can be. I'm glad you're back to Blogging, I think Sharing some of your Pain in the written word, even without divulging private details, could be therapeutic to you. I've also found I often connect with kindred Spirits here in the Land of Blog who may also be going thru something profound or who did and came out the other side of it, which is always encouraging to meet the Survivors of Life's Issues, such that they are to varying degrees. I'm also glad your Style went away without invasive procedures and you got the air fixed. When troubles pile up it can be particularly overwhelming. This Move had threatened to overwhelm me right now, but I try to break it down into the manageable parts I can handle right now... at this moment only... it is helpful.
ReplyDeleteYour Stye I mean... not your Style going away, Heaven Forbid! *LOL*
ReplyDelete