Last Saturday I went out with 2 other couples from church and went to see an AC/DC band called Back in Black. They are so good and I had so much fun. It was my second time to really be out on a Saturday night at a bar venue with friends and I even had 2 margaritas. Music is always a good way to get me out of house!! I feel like I had 2 hours of the "old me" again smiling and dancing with my friends. Then Sunday- BAM back to being sad and emotional. SIGH.
I am truly dreading the holidays and will look forward to 2019 being over. I've still had so many things go wrong lately around the house, my dogs, etc. It just never ends. I do still plan on making my hashbrown casserole that I do every year for Thanksgiving and I'm joining my cousin and her family. I bought a new Christmas tree today. It's 7 ft tall, prelit and its white. I wanted to do something very different than I've done before. A white tree is a good start. LOL. I may put it up this weekend.
Is anyone traveling this next week and how far? If I don't post next week, have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Zach Williams is one of my favorite Christian singers. I've posted him before with Fear is a Liar.
Here is a song that he did with Dolly Parton. I love it!
There was Jesus:
Hi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteI am happy to see a post from you and read about the progress you are making. While these might seem like baby steps, they are giant leaps compared to where you were a few months ago. Of course you will occasionally take a step or two back. That's to be expected. But I think you have discovered what works, and that is getting out of the house and around people, doing things you always liked to do, and allowing the old you, the real you, to resurface, big bright smile and all. I envy you seeing two good movies and an AC/DC tribute band. The Christmas tree you bought, different as it is, can be a symbol of a fresh start and a bright future. Let it empower you every time you turn it on.
I also enjoyed the inspiring song by Zach and Dolly. Thanks for posting it.
Take good care of yourself and have a happy Thanksgiving, dear friend Holli. If you think about it, all things considered, you really do have a lot for which to be thankful.
It's good to get out of the house and have some fun once in awhile! It helps the healing process, no doubt about it. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your cousin and her family!
ReplyDeleteI echo your thoughts on this year. It has been so hard, and grief never eases fast enough. We're like living in a dark museum of memories, and we keep grabbing old dusty trophies when we're searching for a doorknob.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are getting out. You know when I was first divorced is when I ventured out to go to the show alone. Of course I often go with Mark but yesterday I saw two movies that he wasn't interested in. How was Dr. Sleep? Haven't seen that yet. We LOVED The Joker. I want to see Joaquin Phoenix get an Academy Award for that movie. Best performance ever! Yum on your casserole and enjoy Thanksgiving. How exciting about your tree. I'm very happy with my white tree. You should be very proud of yourself. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're getting out more and had somewhere to enjoy Thanksgiving. I have a White Tree this Year too, a Cheap $39 Wal-Mart Special but it turned out quite nice with some Antique Tin Type Photos and Old Baby Shoes {Bronzed and Black Leather}. Just about everything is packed and at the U-Haul Storage Units so I had to decorate for Christmas on The Fly and do it Simple, since we will probably be Listing this again during the Holidays and are trying to buy that 1916 House.
ReplyDelete