Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Year in Review

I interrupt my normally scheduled Tuesday Tunes to link up with Nicole and post my year in review. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? I got married! I also witnessed a family member (my dad) receive a double lung transplant. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make one and if I did I don’t remember . Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, My step-sister gave me a beautiful niece named Ava and my Cousin had daughter named Maggie. And my sweet friend Nicole who’s hosting this review is due any minute! Did anyone close to you die? Yes. A close coworker named Fred. I miss him A lot! And to be technical, My father died 3 times and was brought back my medical teams during his stay in hospital. What countries did you visit? Canada was the only one I visited outside the states What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? I guess more security/stability in my job. We are going thru a large merger and not sure what role I will play. Oh and a honeymoon since we didn’t get one this year. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory? I have 2 dates- July 20 was Dad’s transplant and August 31 was my wedding. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Pulling off a wedding while my Dad was so sick in hospital. ( major theme here can you tell) What was your biggest failure? I would say that I didn’t keep up with some friends like I normally would (but it works both ways doesn’t it) Did you suffer illness or injury? Just my annual crippling migraine What was the best thing you bought? My husband’s wedding band. He picked it out and loves it Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband who was my rock while dealing with Dad’s illness. My mother who struggles with Lupus and came for wedding on hottest day of the year. Where did most of your money go? Wedding, Husbands new car engine, bills, tithes (bought church bathroom stalls), Thrift stores What did you get really, really, really excited about? When we celebrated Daddy’s 64th birthday last month and of course saying I Do! What song will always remind you of 2013? Hey pretty girl- Kip Moore ( My father daughter dance at wedding). Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Happier Thinner or fatter? Fatter Richer or poorer? Poor in money but Richer in spirit What do you wish you’d done more of? Read my books, picked up my guitar to learn again, sent more cards, exercised/worked out What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry, eat bad How will you be spending Christmas? Christmas Eve with my husband’s family and Christmas Day at my Dad’s with stepmom and my brother , sister and my nieces Did you fall in love in 2013? More everyday with my husband How many one-night stands? Zero Who were your best friends? Holly, Di, Wendy, Lauren,Laura, Kimi and Julie What thing did you do that was meaningful to others? I asked everyone for clothing donations and food and was able to help some families out. What were your favorite TV programs? Sons of Anarchy, The Voice, American Horror story, Ellen Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a very strong word but I very much dislike a “friend” that betrayed me. It hurts my heart! What was the best book you read in 2013? I read a few books here and there but not one that stood out. I guess the book from Anne Rice about a werewolf. I don’t remember the title. What was your greatest musical discovery? Imagine Dragons. I really enjoy their music for a newer band. Hard question because y’all know how much I love all music! What did you want and get? I wanted to be married and I got a beautiful wedding ring. What did you want but did NOT get? I want an orange KitchenAid but still working on it. The year isn’t up yet! What was your favorite film of this year? I didn’t see many movies this year but I’ll go with Lincoln and the Hunger Games movies What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I picked my husband up from the hospital ( he had been in for 4 days with bleeding ulcer) and I had a small party at Club Schmitz with about 15 people What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less drama and stress but it was all worth it! What kept you sane? My husband, friends, church, my quiet time with my flea market magazines Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Charlie Hunham who plays JAX on SOA. What political issue stirred you the most? The health reform act by President Obama , Stupid Dennis Rodman going to Korea, our troops in the middle east Who did you miss? My cousin/best friend Lauren left Texas to move to NC and then back to Georgia. I miss her everyday. I also miss my nieces in Oklahoma. I didnt see them much this year and that makes me sad as well. Who was the best new person you met this year? I would have to say my friend Julie. I met her last year but our friendship truly blossomed this year. Also some blogger friends like Marla, Brittany, Marci, Chris, Deb, Heidi, Lanthie, Lynn, Kathy, and Phil . Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. Life is a gift and cannot be taken for granted. Be nice and say I love you more! Quote that sums up your year: Two lungs and a wedding!

20 comments:

  1. YAY for an awesome 2013 ..... what a blessing it is to celebrate your Dad's lung transplant and your nuptials!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for participating in this little link-up party, it's so much fun and such a great way to remember the past year. I know you are going to ROCK THE HOUSE in 2014. Sending big HUGS your way, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its scary how the year flew by and they always saw when you get older that time does travel faster. I wished i would have seen you more and know that you're in my prayers sweet girl!

      Delete
  2. Yay for being married in 2013! I got married in March. So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he is recovering well. I also fancy JAX TELLER. Oh so dreamy.
    -Miranda
    hurryupandwaitusmc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to hear all about your wedding! Dad is doing so good and thank you so much for kind wishes. Jax is my Hollywood free card that my husband lets me have a crush on. LOL. Merry Christmas Miranda!

      Delete
  3. I really love these. I feel like I get to know you so much more. What a year to be grateful for, wedding and life. Much love to you and your family this holiday season. May 2014 bring you much joy and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I also wish you much much joy and happiness for 2014 with amazing locations and adventures.

      Delete
  4. Hope you don't mind, I think I'll steal this... Two Lungs and a Wedding sounds like a bad romantic comedy. Fortunately this one had some real Star-Power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad romantic comedy or crazy TV sitcom for sure! I am humbled by your sweetest intro about me. Merry Christmas to you and Laurie and Scrappy my friend!

      Delete
  5. What a year! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed~ Merry Christmas Marci. I have to tell you that i am so proud of all you learned and succeeded on the blogging end. You have far surpassed me on followers and you're so active compared to this time last year. You're an incredible woman!

      Delete
  6. What a year you've had!! I cannot believe your dad's transplant was back in July. Where did the time go? I love reading "year in reviews," it feels like I get to know you a bit more, and gives me some insight on what you find most important. No doubt, 2014 will be bringing fabulous things your way! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2013 is a year that will forever be etched in my history book of life. I also have meeting you to be grateful for this year. Love you girl!

      Delete
  7. I found you through CWMartin at Tilting at the Windmills. I love this questionnaire and think I will steal this and post to my blog! Sounds like you had a pretty full year!

    Leslie
    http://skipthesugarcoat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, Thank you so much for stopping by. Chris is one of my fave bloggers and i'm grateful he sent you over. You're welcome to borrow the idea for the year in review. Merry Christmas and Happy Blogging in 2014

      Delete
  8. You had some year! The highlights had to be your marriage and your dad's successful surgery! Those in itself made it a good one for you I would bet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The true highlights of my year indeed! I have really enjoyed and appreciated your support and kind words this year Phil while dealing with both huge milestones. Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year in 2014.

      Delete
  9. truly, what a year!! Yay for getting married and for your dad getting better with his transplant! Praise God! :) I am so glad you're my friend! xoxo. 2013 seemed to have gone by faster the past few years (for me)...and it's true, life IS such a precious gift. cheers to the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sweety its been quite a year and i wouldnt change a thing ( well maybe one or two things .lol). Merry Christmas and a joyful new year to you dear friend.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on getting married! I hope you have a wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, I was halfway through reading this when I realized I've already read it!!! Hahahhs. Glad this was the post you linked up with. Also, I received your xmsd card and I LOVED the label to seal the envelope. The Lord Bless and Keep You is a very important song to me. <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!