Thursday, July 11, 2013

Engaged or Enraged

Hi y’all. Happy Thursday! I came across this blog hop for new brides and upcoming brides and thought it would be fun to join.  Stevie at Colorful Commotion (http://www.colorfulcommotion.com/  )    hosted the bloghop.


1. What was the funniest moment you have had while planning your wedding? It was fun to have my best friends with me when picking out my wedding dress. I tried on some really bad dresses on purpose to walk out in and get their expressions.  Some were picked out that I liked but once on they were hideous and I still walked out to show them. We had some good laughs.

2. What is your favorite thing about your fiance/husband?  I love Todd’s sense of humor and his Faith. We’ve had some really tough moments and he’s so calming and positive. I love that he breaks out into silly dance moves at any given moment. He is very comforting and tells me all the time “I got your back”!  I cant tell you how good that feels to know I have his love and support.

3. What was the most stressful part of planning a wedding?  Lack of money.  There are so many things I want to do and they’re not big or outlandish but EVERY single thing is 30$ here or 100$ there and its literally running out. I also have had great difficulty feeling happy planning the wedding while my Dad stays in the hospital. I almost cancelled the wedding last week because I was overwhelmed with emotion and didn’t think I could do it. On the other hand it gives me a distraction of something good and I know Dad wants me to do this.
 I’ve also not had much luck receiving my orders online correctly. I ordered orange cocktail napkins with special print and they came in hunter green.  I ordered  the “H”, “&”, and a “T” candy dish and my “ H” was in pieces so they sent me another one which was ALSO in pieces and the 3rd one I got today was finally intact.  Little stuff like that doesn’t work out still adds stress.
My flower lady backed out last minute a few weeks ago that I wasn’t counting on and then I had to find another person to do flowers. I asked for my responses to be sent back by July 15 which is Monday and more than half haven’t sent in. DO I assume they ARE coming or NOT coming?

4. What is your favorite personal detail from your wedding? Hmmm, I think the fact that some of my closest friends and family are there for my big day. I have a few dear amazing friends traveling from Boston and Chicago to be there for me. I am also excited to see everything being put together with my decorations. I pray it all looks decent.

5. What was your favorite part about planning a wedding? I have to say my favorite part is receiving my brooches for the bouquet. I reached out to my friends and family and asked them if they would like to donate a brooch to me. Its their way of being there and walking down the aisle with me especially for those who cant make it. I love some of the stories that went behind a few of the brooches. My cousin Lauren and girlfriend Holly have also been key to assisting me with decorations and that’s been fun.

6. What would your fiancé/husband say is his favorite thing about you? I would guess that he likes the fact I am very good with money.  Don’t be surprised but as much as I love shopping I am also a good saver!  I will be taking over the finances once we tie the know. He also tells me often how much he loves my “little ways”. I am quirky and I like things a certain way and he laughs at me when I tell him my thoughts on things. He also loved that I was very involved with my church and that it was important to me that He also was involved.


14 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Your day is going to be amazing....please let me know if there are any last minute things that you need help with...I am here for ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you are having fun with planning the wedding, and it will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50 more days from today. Its fun but i feel overwhelmed still.

      Delete
  3. What a great post!! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just put a sign up at the reception hall "Free drinks with RSVP. Everyone else BYOB."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww can't wait to see pics of the big day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I want to show yall every single thing i'm doing from decorations to my dress but i need some surprises for my guests.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like this is all leading up to a great wedding day! After all the hassle of planning and the crazy expenses it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! 50 more days from today. Wow! I wished i had a job that i can work from home. I am doing wedding stuff night and weekends and Todd will be so glad once its over. LOL

      Delete
  7. lack of money is the worst thing about a wedding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I know when its all over my fiance and I can be proud of ourselves that we paid for everything ourselves. Its tough though.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!