Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TUESDAY TUNES with Lauren and ME

Yep, today is Tuesday and would love for you to post about anything music. Lauren is the techie one out of the group and she's on her way home from Atlanta so i dont have the link to officially add your blog to. SO, leave me a comment and i will hop right over to see what you're choices were this week.




My choices today are a little on the sad side. My Dad's situation is something i'm not dealing with well. I get so sad accepting that Daddy is confined to a wheelchair. He and i wont be having the Dad and Daughter dance at my wedding. OK, I cant talk about this right now because i'm at work and crying is not good right now.
Nine Ince Nails originally did this song but then a few years later, Johnny Cash did his cover of it and i love it. Johnny performed this video in his home thaat he shared with June for over 30 years.  Ironically, Johnny died 7months later after this was released and June had died earlier 4 months after filming the video. Johhny also changed the words to be more Christian and no swear words.
 Hurt:
This next song is by one of my most fave bands of the 90's called LIVE.  I actually did see them live in concert and its AWESOME when they sound exactly the same LIVE as on the radio. Have you ever been to a concert and thought holy crap they suck! You know then that the studio helped them to sound good.
Anyway, my song is Lightning Crashes. The lead songer is Ed Kowalcyk and he's branched off and is more of a christian band singer now. I love his voice.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!

12 comments:

  1. Holli I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! I will pray for him and for you to be strong!In or out of a wheelchair thank God he will be at your beautiful wedding! Thoughts and prayer are with you dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweety. To bad honest i dont want to be negative but at this time he cant even promise to be there. He has declined quite a bit. I am praying with everything i have that he wont decline in the next 6 months.

      Delete
  2. Sending you a hug, Sweet Friend! ((Holli)) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm just really struggling with my emotions about my parents health. This is hard and i really appreciate your support.

      Delete
  3. Man you hit two of my all-timers there! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm glad you liked them both. I have them both on ipod that i play repeatedly.

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear about your Dad, but better in a wheel chair than not be there at all. My thoughts and prayers are with you. HUGS.

    Linking up for Tuesday Tunes. Here is my post.

    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/2013/02/tuesday-tunes_19.html

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back sweety! Thanks for linking up too!! :)

      Delete
  5. Holli, Sorry to hear about your father. Sending good thoughts your way. You picked two great songs. I have attached my songs for Tuesdays Tunes. I love Lauren and your link up and look forward to it every week!

    http://adventuresinthelakecountry.blogspot.com/2013/02/tuesdays-tunes-justins.html

    Laura @ http://adventuresinthelakecountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you and you dad can dance. Make it happen. Hold his hands and guide him around that floor. And then give him a big kiss from Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♫ What a fabulous idea! I enjoy discovering other peoples' passion for music! You might catch me around on a Tuesday here! ♫

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!