Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tunes on Tuesday with Lauren and ME

My favorite day to blog now is Tuesday's.  Lauren and I both have quite a bit of followers between us and only the smallest handful participates in this blog hop. You know what, i'm totally OK with this! I love music and anything that has to do with music. I appreciate all of you who have linked up. I DO visit every one of your blogs to see what songs you chose.
 My song choices this week are from the 80's and i feel strong connection to.
Simple Minds was one of my fave's and you probably remember the song "Dont you (Forget about Me)" from the movie Breakfast Club. That song is what catapulted them into fame. Dont get me wrong, i loved that song tons but what is on my mind is  "Alive and Kicking".

The next is pretty mellow and it soothes my soul every time i listen to it. I have 4 Cd's of Cowboy Junkies. They are a band of siblings from Canada and that also hit their top fame during the late 80's. They didnt get started until '85. Margo is lead singer and her voice is so incredible. They did a remake/cover of Sweet Jane and its been used in a couple of movies too.

Thank you for stopping by and if you want here is the link to join this Blog Hop:

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, i'm glad you liked them.

      Delete
  2. Alive & Kicking is a good song from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like singing along to it. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. We always changed Alive And Kicking to I Like It Kinky... if you try, you can hear it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that totally works!!! Too funny.

      Delete
  4. Great choices!!! Loved both of them and they brought back a lot of memories! I have been kind of out of the loop lately because I have been sick...but I am bound and determined to post a Tuesday Tunes before Tuesday is over. Love this hop!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're feeling better Kathy! Thank you for stopping by and being one of our regular contributors.

      Delete
  5. The Breakfast Club. I remember the first time I saw that movie. Now I watch it and just think, hurry up and get the couple together and get it over with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- right?! I loved the dance scenes in the library though

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!